Lupabitchin'

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I posted this in response to a thread on a pagan community I'm on adn figured I'd share:

I'm a fan of irreverence, but that's because I don't believe in supporting dogma. Dogma is what makes religions and philosophies stagnate, whereas a healthy dose of irreverence helps rejuvenate the thought patterns and traditions. And every religion falls prey to dogma sooner or later in its lifespan, even pagan religions. Otherwise we wouldn't *need* new ones.

I think there's too much fear of hubris sometimes. We have it bred into us that we have to fear the retribution of the Divine if we don't treat its manifestations just so. But what about when we feel we're not being well-treated in return? IMO, the Multiverse is more of a level playing field than we often assume; we are all sacred beings who each carry a reflection of the entire Multiverse within ourselves, and therefore I think we all owe each other respect. So I think it's perfectly acceptable for someone to show anger to the Divine when they feel it's warranted. And sure, the Divine can be pissy right back. But we can have fights in ALL of our relationships, and still find ways to make them up, if we try.

But this is simply my way of viewing The Way Things Are, and you can take it as you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home